Wednesday, October 6, 2010

If I had been a California resident my vote might have made a difference this time.

I'm a Utah Mormon and I'm sorry. A few years ago when Utah passed similar legislation I voted against it but my vote didn't matter much at the time. If I had been a California resident my vote might have made a difference this time.

If it's any consolation, I no longer support the Mormon church in any fashion, financially or otherwise. I am standing against bigotry and will face whatever consequences result.

The people I love the most in this world are Mormon. I live with them. I enjoy their company. However, I've lost respect for those who so willing jump on the bandwagon of hatred and intolerance and proudly declare they are doing God's work. If that is indeed God's work then I've also lost respect for the Mormon God.

The Mormon church may consign me to Hell for my disobedience. I don't care. I'd rather go to Hell than for following my conscience than go to a heaven filled with haters and bigots.

Bert W.

No comments:

Post a Comment