Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sorry

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." --I love this sentiment, so easy to say, so hard to do.

That statement, taught to me when I was a young Mormon girl, is why I voted with my gay and lesbian brothers and sisters on election day. That is why I agonized over my church's stance and why I let people know that I disagreed with that stance.

And I am sorry that if you are gay, you may think that I am your enemy, just because I'm Mormon. Because I am not. I'm just sorry.

Natasha.

1 comment:

  1. Natasha I can only speak for myself. I don't think everyone who is Mormon is automatically a bigot or the enemy of marriage equality. On the contrary, it's Mormons like you that sustain my faith in our common humanity.

    Having come from a mixed faith family that is now mostly Mormon (none of whom have apologized to me for voting to invalidate my marriage or contributing to Prop 8), I am at least peripherally aware of the turmoil you have gone and will go through because of standing up for what is right.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete