Monday, November 10, 2008

This has been heartbreaking for all of us.

My husband and I agonized over Prop 8 and the request from the church to support it. It never felt right to me and it has broken my heart to see the pain it has caused so many in and out of the church.

To all of my gay, lesbian and straight friends and colleagues: I am so sorry you've been hurt by this. I know that "Yes on 8" sounds like "We Hate Gays" to you, and I understand why. It didn't mean that, at least not to any Mormons or 8 supporters I know, but I know it sounded that way. In your shoes I would feel the same way.

Please know that just as gays are not all the same, Mormons are not all the same either. My feeling about Prop 8 has been and ever will be a deep and abiding sadness.

SP

No comments:

Post a Comment